St. Luke United Methodist Church
New to St. Luke UMC??
Below are some answers to frequently asked questions (FAQ):
- What time are your services? Our services are 9:30 a.m. every Sunday, and 7:00 p.m. Wednesday evenings for virtual Bible Study
- Are your services in-person only, virtual only, or hybrid? Our worship services are hybrid. Our Bible Studies is virtual via Zoom. You may leave your information in the Contact Us page to be added to the distribution list for the Zoom invite.
- Do you have COVID restrictions in-place? Yes. We still have a mask mandate in-place. We also encourage all to join us online only for service if you are not feeling well.
- Do you have a dress code? No. Despite we are a church with traditional historic roots, you may come as you are.
- How is the parking? The parking is organized and non-cluttered. We have parking and an entrance available for disabled persons as well. We encourage all to utilize that entrance via the guidance of the Ushers.
- How do I get to your church? The directions may be found on the Contact Us page.
- Do I sign-in or check-in when I arrive? Yes. There are sign-in forms in the entrance of the church, provided by our Greeter(s).
- What type of music/songs should I expect? We play and sing a mixture of Contemporary and Traditional Gospel, United Methodist Hymns, and African American Heritage Hymns.
- May I praise the Lord outwardly (stand, lift my hands, and verbally praise)? Yes. In fact, the pastor encourages that you praise the Lord however the Spirit of God leads you, without shame.
- What type of preaching/teaching should I expect? The pastor's sermons are a combination of preaching and teaching, giving practical takeaways and encouragement that are catered to the audience during the time of service. You may review more on the Sermons and Virtual Services page.
- Is there anywhere for my child(ren) to learn or sit while I focus on the service? We have an overflow area that children may occupy. When applicable (more children), we have a Youth ministry with trusted, vetted (required background check) leaders that children are with for the mornings.
- How do I become a professing member? To begin the process of joining the church as a member: virtually, you may contact our office @ [email protected] to express your interest. Admin support and/or the pastor will contact you with further info to joyfully welcome you. If desiring to join while attending in-person, you may see the pastor after he "open the doors of the church," and right before the benediction.